Are you a passionate psychiatrist or psychiatric resident ready for a meaningful career working with under-served clients? Waterloo Counseling Center is the leading LGBT+ counseling center in Austin, TX, one of the most exciting and fastest growing cities in the US. You’ll be working in a supportive environment, with experienced therapists, serving a community in need of your compassionate care.
About Waterloo Counseling Center
• Founded in 1983, during the AIDS crisis, Waterloo Counseling was originally created to provide non-judgmental counseling to a marginalized gay population.
• Today, Waterloo has grown into Austin’s leading LGBT+ counseling center, providing mental health services with open arms and an open mind.
• Waterloo is a nonprofit dedicated to providing services to those who need it despite their financial situation. We offer a sliding scale option to those who are uninsured.
• You’ll be working with a diverse population, delivering psychiatric treatment for a wide variety of issues
• Flexible scheduling, 2-3 hours per week, may include evenings. Hours may increase over time
• Prescribe medications, perform psychological assessments, and other treatments as indicated
• Work alongside experienced therapists who share your values and dedication
• Office located in central Austin, a short distance from all the shops, restaurants, and excitement of the downtown area
• Compensation is on a contract (1099)/hourly basis commensurate with licensure and experience.
• A contractor who is currently licensed to provide psychiatric and prescribing services in the State of Texas as a psychiatrist (MD or DO), or a licensed psychiatric resident.
• The practitioner must carry Professional liability insurance – with minimum limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $3,000,000 aggregate
• Knowledge of LGBT+ needs, including transgender patients, and HIV stigma, education, and treatment
• Cultural competency working with diverse and under-served populations